Wash and Go? Kesako?
“Wash and Go” in pure and simple translation means washing your hair and leaving. But it is not that simple. In fact, between washing and leaving the house there are several stages.
Wash and Go involves washing your hair and deeply hydrating it with the right products to allow natural curl definition. This is THE essential Nappy hairstyle because it highlights the beauty of Afro hair.
To show off your magnificent hair again and show the benefits of confinement. Choose Wash and Go. Thanks to our tips you will achieve this emblematic hairstyle of the Nappy movement.
How to successfully complete my Wash and Go?
Choosing the right products and instruments
This hairstyle, made for any type of hair (frizzy, curly or curly) relies on suitable products. You must therefore arm yourself with:
- A gentle shampoo (preferably sulfate, paraben and silicone free) or Co-wash
- A leave-in conditioner or styling cream
- Vegetable oil or butter
- A curl activating gel
- A Denman type detangling brush
Use the correct technique
It's time to get practical. Are you ready to start washing? So Go!
1. Clean and healthy hair: The Wash
A successful Wash and Go starts with healthy, clean hair . It is also important to put all the chances on your side by avoiding split ends, breakage, dry or damaged hair...
You must first use a gentle shampoo or Co-Wash (sulfate-free, paraben-free and silicone-free). Then proceed to wash your hair with conditioner. For the conditioner, we advise you to leave the treatment on for between 5 and 10 minutes for good hydration but also good definition before rinsing your hair properly and drying it. You can take the opportunity to massage your scalp a little. The objective of this first step is to clean and soften the hair and define the curls .
2. A leave-in or styling cream to hold it in place
The second step: apply a leave-in or styling cream. Choose your current leave-in conditioner and apply section by section. The sections will allow you to better distribute the product over your lengths. Your leave-in will allow you to deeply hydrate the hair fiber .
3. Vegetable oil or butter to seal
Once the hair is hydrated, to prevent it from becoming dry as it dries, you need to seal in the hydration. And for this, your favorite vegetable oil or butter is your best ally. In addition to sealing in hydration, this touch will bring shine and nutrition to your hair. For example, you can use shea butter or sweet almond oil.
4. Curl activator gel
Now, take out your curl activator gel, and distribute a dab of it before brushing the section with your Denman type brush . You need to detangle your hair from ends to roots .
5. Style, Dry and Go
Finally, shake your head from left to right and up and down. For styling (parting, parting, etc.) do not use a comb . Prefer your fingers. For drying, you can let it air dry. For those who are more impatient, you can use a hairdryer.
- To dry your hair after your shampoo or Co-wash, use a microfiber towel or a cotton t-shirt. This way you will avoid frizz as much as possible.
- If you have a diffuser, use it to dry your hair and obtain voluminous curls and a beautiful afro .
- To keep your Wash and Go on for several days, simply tie your hair up and use a satin bonnet or scarf to protect it. The next morning you will only have to detach them and stretch them with a hair dryer if they have shrunk too much overnight or to give them the shape you want.
MADAM PRESIDENT exists because we're all busy, and our hair care routines shouldn't take away our precious time!
With MADAME LA PRESIDENT simplify your hair routine and give your hair exactly what it needs to look A-MA-ZING!
So, this wash & go?