In recent years, oil baths are essential in hair care. If this term seems a little scary at first, rest assured, it is not a question of plunging your head in a fryer! ?
But then, what is the real oil bath ?
If the idea is not to pour our dear bottle of Isio 4 oil on our hair, the principle is still to imbibe his mane ofvegetable oil to give him a deep care.
After finding the oil or oils that match your hair type, carefully apply oil on dry hair, with emphasis on lengths. However, do not forget your scalp! It is not mandatory to apply from the root, but know that a good massage will nourish your hair more and allow the oils of stimulate directly shoot (just that ?).
Leave for at least 30 minutes so that the oil has time to penetrate properly; if you have time in front of you, a whole night or a day is ideal. If you do not want your other half to fall in love at the sight of your shiny hair, you can wrap a turban on your head: style guaranteed!
How to choose the right oil?
There are a number of different oils on the market, it only remains to find yours! To help you in your quest, here are the top 5 of our favorite oils:
• Coconut oil : this oil with multiple benefits can suit all types of hair. Very fine, it penetrates directly into the fiber and nourishes them intensely (and its smell is to fall!). Choose it organic and virgin preferably to ensure good quality and therefore, better efficiency ?.
Note: the coconut oil solidifies when the temperature is below 25 ° C, do not panic! Simply pass your pot under hot water for a few minutes, or warm it directly, its properties will not be altered.
• Castor oil : rich in fatty acid and vitamin E, it is the ideal oil to strengthen, strengthen and stimulate hair growth, but also nails and eyelashes. Its thick texture can sometimes make rinsing difficult, so it's best to mix it with a more fluid oil ? Nothing better to give volume and body to tired hair!
• Oil of nigella There are countless virtues of Nigel oil (also known as black cumin oil), which Egyptians have been using for centuries. Carotene, minerals, vitamins, trace elements, all good things that help fight against dandruff, strengthen the scalp and soften the hair. Hats off !
• Avocado oil : just like castor oil, avocado is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, particularly well absorbed by our scalp. It stimulates the growth, calms the itching, and restores strength and shine to the hair. This oil is the friend of fragile sensitive scalp hair!
• Jojoba oil : Originally from North America, jojoba oil contains many vitamins and nutrients necessary to maintain a healthy hair: vitamins B, E, zinc, silicon, copper, myristic acid ... which make it possible to hydrate in deep, prevent hair loss and revitalize the scalp. To try it is to adopt it !
A few things to know before you start:
• Do not abuse oil baths! If they are a great natural way to take care of your mane, doing it too often could clog the hair and make it heavier. Moisturize yes, but just right!
• Adopt the good rinsing : start by using lukewarm warm water to open the hair scales and remove excess oil more quickly. Then use a mild shampoo! We often tend to believe that to rinse oil "detergent" shampoos are the solution, that's wrong! You can renew the washing operation if you feel that your hair is not yet well cleaned, but softness is the key word ? If you want to know how to choose your shampoo, you can read our article on the subject right here.
• Think of brush your hair before applying the oil, it will facilitate its penetration and avoid knots!
You now know everything about oil baths! So, ready to try? ?